Data Visualization Engineer
Work Location: California
Job type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities: Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports. Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality. Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems. Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets. Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems. Work with Management/Production to prioritize business and information needs. Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
· Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst.
· Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
· Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc).
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
· Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
· Strong knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, graphs and formulas)
BS in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or equivalent.