As a UI QA test engineer, you're tasked with test planning, test design and test case development to assess and improve the overall quality of our products. You must have experience testing a 'systems' product (file systems, storage systems, operating systems, or networking). The ability to think 'outside the box' is crucial in designing test cases to adequately and quickly assess the integrity of the product.
- Design high level test approaches and detailed test plans
- Executing automated and manual tests during product testing phases to find all bugs in your assigned feature area(s)
- Conducting requirements and design reviews of new features
- Work with development team to analyze and root cause failures
- File defects and feature enhancements, tracking them to closure
- Engage with users to discover major problem areas
- Experience in extending/maintaining a browser-based test automation framework like Selenium WebDriver
- Experience in test plan design and test case development for complex software projects.
- Experience developing automated tests in one or more of following programming languages: Python/Perl/C/C++/Java.
- The ability to debug and extend automated tests
- Strong systems administration experience in UNIX, preferably Linux.
- Experience using virtualization technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V, KVM, or Xen. VMware is preferred.
- Experience in testing clustered/distributed systems.
- An understanding of file system concepts and protocols such as: networked file systems, logical volumes, journaled filesystems, tiered storage, NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, Shared LUNs.
- Experience testing enterprise-level virtualization management software like vCenter or SCVMM
- Ability to leverage open source tools for test development and execution.
- Experience developing automated UI test cases using Selenium or other GUI automation test frameworks
- Enterprise software background
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 3 or more years of Software QA experience