Work Location: Fremont, California
Job type: Full-Time
The Machinist sets up and operates within the machine shop using various equipment including but not limited to CNC machines and bandsaws. Applies knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures.
• Program, setup, operate and control process on milling machines
• Receive in, process, and produce machine shop orders and create packing slips
• Able to use SurfCAM
• Responsible for executing production plan according to manufacturing schedule and work instructions
• Responsible for production paperwork documents and related quality records as needed
• Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines, such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
• Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors, such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth, angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control.
• Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
• Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
• Maintains and performs daily preventative machine maintenance and supplies all machine related needs
• Troubleshoot and solve minor to semi- complex problems and issues. Conduct minor root cause analysis
• 5+ years of CNC machining / live tooling machines
• Properly use geometric tolerance and dimensioning
• Self starter, ability to work with little supervision
• Quality minded
• Can arrive at sound conclusions by identifying the significant from the less significant
• Able to maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times
• Must have a high level of attention to detail
• Able to read and understand blueprints, customer drawings, SOPs, work orders and all technical info in English
• Flexibility, adaptable, persistence, passion, resourcefulness, a drive to succeed, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
All verbal and written communications are concise, technically accurate, timely, and professional. Demonstrates strong verbal presentation and negotiation skills. Represents in a positive and professional manner. Expresses ideas, recommendations and solutions clearly, logically and concisely in both written and verbal communications. Demonstrates tact and diplomacy in communications. Demonstrates active listening skills and ability to resolve discrepancies with customers
Management of Resources
Well organized and uses time efficiently. Familiar with all reference materials and can locate needed information as necessary. Takes initiative for self development. Prioritizes tasks effectively. Demonstrates initiative and creativity in the use of available resources.
Provide professional, reliable and prompt service to internal and external customers Work in partnership with others to meet and exceed customer expectations. Interpret customer needs and take appropriate action. Follow through on customer inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Must be able to move throughout office and laboratory space, using a complete variety of office equipment and laboratory machinery, and tools. May lift up over 50 pounds and stand for extended periods of time. Must tolerate exposure to chemicals found in the Meraqi Medical Inc environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.