Work Location: 95131, California San Jose
Job type: Full-Time
The primary objective for this individual is to assure that the purchased materials meet the company’s requirements and are available when needed while meeting established cost and inventory targets.
- Assure that all purchasing requirements are understood and managed within the ERP system to support production requirements
- Create purchase orders based on ERP reports and production needs; adjusts orders based on MRP and other factors to maintain system accuracy.
- Provides reports and communicates to management on problems and status; escalates issues when appropriate.
- Understands the ERP system purchasing screens and can utilize the system to accomplish assigned tasks; controls inventory levels and impacts to production.
- Communicate effectively with vendors, fellow employees, and sub-contractors through all avenues including phone, email, and facsimile.
- Manage the purchasing team effectively to accomplish assigned objectives.
- Meet or exceed annual cost reduction objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree with three or more years experiences managing a Purchasing department in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to procure products and services for the best price and timeline.
- Ability to think outside the box in order to find products/services not readily available.
- Experience with manufacturing including machining, sheet metal, electro-mechanical assemblies, and electronic components.
- Prior experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX or EPICOR ERP systems a plus.