Work Location: Fremont, California 94538
Job type: Full-Time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The Quality Manager will champion, lead, and support quality initiatives
• Assuring that customer requirements and expectations have been accurately identified and that the organization is consistently meeting or exceeding customer expectations
• Ensuring that all managers, process owners and supervisors develop and maintain their part of the quality management system
• Developing quality assurance plans by identifying critical control points and preventive measures; establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures
• Achieving quality assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing action plans, implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards, identifying and resolving problems, completing audits, determining system improvements, and implementing change
• Validating quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes, measuring production, documenting evidence, determining operational and performance qualification, and writing and updating quality assurance procedures
• Maintaining and improving product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits, investigating customer complaints, collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs, and manufacturing and training methods
• Promoting quality achievement and performance improvement across the organization
• Ensuring compliance with national and international standards
• Setting up and maintaining controls and documentation
• Supervising technical staff in carrying out tests and checks
• Ensuring tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out, and evaluated
• Collating and analyzing performance data against defined parameters
• Writing technical and management system reports
• Supervising the program of internal auditing
• Supervising the program of continual improvement to product or services
• Pinpointing relevant quality-related training needs
• Establishing supplier quality performance criteria and monitoring supplier performance
• Acting as key contact with customers' auditors and being responsible for ensuring the execution of corrective actions and ongoing compliance with customers' specifications
• Monitoring performance through gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports
1. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or closely related fields.
2. 6 to 10 years of prior work experience in quality management position with ISO quality standards in a manufacturing environment.
3. Must have good knowledge of ANSI standards as well as GD&T.
4. Must have strong statistical background.
5. Knowledgeable in Regulatory, Compliance Systems and Standards.
6. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
7. Proficient in MS Offices and ERP.
8. Familiarity with Medical and Aerospace experience is a plus.