Work Location: Burlingame, California
Job type: Full-Time
We are a specialty global vertically integrated contract manufacturer that offers customers flexible and configurable solutions. Our *** Division is looking for a qualified Quality Manager for our Burlingame, CA Operation.
• Drive the development of *** ’s Quality Assurance strategy and policies.
• Lead Quality Assurance operations including investigations, risk assessments/management, audits, and company-wide training.
• Provide Quality Assurance and compliance oversight for suppliers and contract manufacturers.
• Direct and implement advancement of *** ’s Quality Management System and document hierarchy (e.g. quality manual, SOPs).
• Provide Quality input at Product Development Team Meetings.
• Author/revise, review and approve controlled documents.
• Supervise Quality Assurance direct report(s) who may include internal staff and/or consultants.
• Ensure optimal workforce planning, retention, coaching, and performance management of staff.
• Mentor and manage the growth and development of direct reports.
• Present Quality Assurance plans and status to partners and senior audiences, both internally and externally.
• Record test data, applying statistical quality control procedures as required.
• May prepare graphs or charts of data or enter data into computer for analysis.
• May calibrate measuring and monitoring equipment according to established policies and procedures.
• Monitor actions determined via Management Review and that those allocated to employees for action, and carried out in a timely manner.
• Oversee and monitor for reporting to Top Management that agreed Improvement Objectives are identified and implemented and implemented as intended.
• Assures necessary data is collected, analyzed, and reported to Top Management pertaining to the status of Management Review topics.
• Ability to effectively lead the QA function and engage senior management on quality issues
• Strong project management skills with an emphasis on critical thinking and problem solving
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills including presentation effectiveness
• Ability to coordinate & influence across various parts of the company and with multiple external stakeholders
• Committed to the values of integrity, accountability, transparency, scientific rigor and drive
• Experienced in implementing ISO 9001 Quality Systems
• Certified ISO 9001 Lead Assessor
• A plus if also a Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
• Years of Experience: 5+