Sheet Metal Programmer
Work Location: Burlingame, California
Job type: Full-Time
Salary: 35 USD / Hourly
The Sheet Metal Programmer draws, programs parts and assemblies for the prototype as well as production. Unfolds customer computer print files or draws from print in order to program parts and assign tools for CNC Lasers and punches for sheet metal and frame fabrication.
• Draws, program parts, and assemblies for sheet metal production.
• Provide design assistance for products and product engineering drawings.
• Provide print generation capability from customer CAD files.
• Program parts for laser machine production.
• Unfolds customer designed parts to be cut and laser.
• Nest parts as required on sheets or blanks to maximize material and production efficiency.
• Program and document revisions, as required.
• Assist with design of tooling and fixtures.
• Maintain laser program files on computer and files of set up sheets.
• Read, analyze, and interpret technical information (i.e: blueprints, flat pattern, drawings, etc).
• Respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal/external customers.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma, GED. technical school training required.
• Previous experience as a CAD Programmer desired preferably in the precision sheet metal industry.
• Required minimum 1 year in sheet metal fabrication.
• Mechanical aptitude and flat pattern skill experience required.
• Preferred Experience: programming sheet metal, Solid Works, CAM Software Fabriwin, Amada AP 100, specific punch/laser manufacturing programming software, Autocad, Microsoft Outlook.
• Requires strong math skills; additions, subtraction, multiplication, division, geometry, and trigonometry to perform programming and flat pattern calculations.
• Required ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Desired previous experience to include producing drawings from models, programming parts for laser cutting, nesting parts as required on sheets to maximize material use and production efficiency, and assist with designing of tooling and fixtures.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and carry up to 25 lbs.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in an office and manufacturing environment.
• Must be able to climb up and down stairs.
• Must be Punctual and have good attendance
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills
• Must be proficient with a computer and willing to learn new skills and software programs
• Must be detail oriented