Sr .Employee Relations Business Partner
Work Location: Fremont, California 94538
Job type: Full-Time
· Implementation of Employee Relations policies, guidelines, and procedures including effective communication and guidance for managers and employees.
· Provides supervisor and employee training on HR-related policies and procedures.
· Conduct and lead complex confidential investigations related to employee issues and claims, prepare investigative summaries, and make recommendations on next steps and appropriate actions.
· Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
· Manage leave of absence administration as needed.
· Manage the employee termination process including exit interviews, communication of final check requirements, and timely response to unemployment claims.
· Advise team members and management personnel on the interpretation of personnel policies, programs, and procedures.
· Responsible for accurate and thorough employee information in personnel files and in HR software module for active and terminated employees.
· Comprehensively reviews employee relations matters, communications and pertinent documentation.
· Provide timely responses to employees and management regarding employee relations matter such as PIP (Performance Improvement Plan)Participates extensively in investigations regarding employee relations issues including but not limited to workplace conflicts, complaints including harassment and discrimination complaints and disciplinary matters.
· Responsible for the preparation of investigation reports following the collection, evaluation and summarizing of all the information.
· Promoting and maintaining a positive work environment by facilitating communication within the company as well as by providing helpful advice and guidance to managers and employees for problem resolution of work-related conflict.
· Develops, recommends, and initiates appropriate steps for resolution of workplace conflict in accordance with the company's policies and procedures.
· Performs all work in compliance with relevant company policies as well as pertinent federal, state and local laws.
· Provides guidance for Human Resources policies and participates in the resolution of employee relations issues of varying complexity, which may include investigations, employee disciplinary action, and conflict resolution.
· Identifies and provides recommendations regarding employee retention strategies and positive employee relations initiatives.
· Coordinates and participates in the corrective action process, which may include advising managers, creation of written documents, participating in the delivery of the discipline and maintaining reporting and records.
· Conducts exit interviews and provides guidance regarding the conclusions resulting from these interviews.
· Documents employee relations matters as required and in accordance with legal compliance and organizational policies and procedures.
· Provides assistance with the administration of various compliance programs.
Assists in providing and facilitating the development of manager's employee relations skills by facilitating management employee relations and related training
· BA in Human Resources, business or related fields.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
· Experience working in a manufacturing environment is a big plus.
· Self-driven and motivated, with focus on continuous process improvement.
· Highly organized and detail-oriented.
· Resourceful with problem solving skills and ability to think outside the box.
· Responsible and reliable with ability to protect confidential information.
· Flexible and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.